DustMite: the General-Purpose Data Reduction Tool (from the D Blog)

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:56:52 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 14 April 2020 at 07:03:42 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> very nice article!

Thank you!
> Also for the performance changes: what do the numbers mean in
> the diagram there? Is higher better? What exactly is the unit
> of these numbers? Should I even read it from top to bottom or
> from bottom to top like usual git logs? Why did it jump from
> 487 to 200 and is that good or bad?

Yes, sorry, I was going to add some explanations but forgot. They
go in chronological order and going from 200 to 487 was bad (the
new tree data structure added a lot of overhead, which was not
yet taken advantage of). The numbers represent seconds for 200
reduction steps for reducing my test program.

The source code for all programs/scripts used to create the
graphics can be found here:

https://gitlab.com/CyberShadow/dustmite-article