D as a C Replacement

Claude claudemr at live.fr
Thu Feb 6 12:44:59 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 February 2020 at 11:50:47 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> [...]
>     The language is used as an academic sandbox for testing
> stuff by their creators. Theres no direction whatsoever.
>
>     Ignoring the lack of tools, documentation, etc
>

> I must say that it is summarized very well. Especially that it
> is focusing implementing the latest cool feature instead of
> stability.

Yeah... Sure... and after all that constructive, accurate and
subtle criticism, the guy says: "I love D, i really do [... but
blablabla]". That's funny, in some sort of convoluted way.

Anyway, I quite agree with the article. I'm currently playing
with D and some Vulkan demos, and translating some C++ tutorial
code to D is very easy and gives a much more readable syntax.

ie.: simple stuff like:
std::vector<VkBuffer> uniformBuffers;
VS
VkBuffer[] uniformBuffers;