Visual D 0.51.0 - semantic engine based on dmd frontend

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sun Jan 19 07:04:35 UTC 2020

On 19/01/2020 04:32, kinke wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 22:32:00 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> It's not in the project configuration, but the global options
>> "Tools->Options->Text Editor->D->Intellisense"
>
> Thx! I've immediately stumbled on an apparent missing import dir with
> the LDC solution, i.e., the project's src dir root doesn't seem to get
> added - no problem with the old engine.
>
> To reproduce:
> * cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64 -DLLVM_ROOT_DIR=...
> -DD_COMPILER=...\ldmd2 ...\ldc-src
> * Open solution
> * Open any .d file in the LDCShared project and notice that all imports
> fail with the new engine

It seems the problem is that LDC doesn't use the Visual D integration
into msbuild, but custom build rules. That hides the import settings.

If you switch "Item Type" of one of the D files to use the "D Compiler",
you can set the import path to "..\ldc" so the engine can find imported
files.

The old engine scans the source folder for any D files, but that can
also cause problems if there are multiple versions of the same module in
some subdirectory.