Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:08:33 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 July 2020 at 13:00:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Doing that these days would be silly. You can depend on a
> specific version of a repository without problems.

I always have problems when trying to do that. git submodules
bring pretty consistent pain in my experience.

But it probably isn't so bad if the submodule rarely changes.

Just for 100% control anyway nothing beats copy/paste. Then
there's zero difference between you writing it yourself.

I kinda wish the D upstream were more willing to do that. My view
is it shouldn't be on independent developers to add stuff to
Phobos, for example, instead the Phobos team should just be
copying and testing modules they are interested in on their own.