Visual D 1.0.0 released

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 00:03:02 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 10:15 PM aberba via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 8 July 2020 at 01:26:55 UTC, Manu wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:00 PM JN via Digitalmars-d-announce <
> > digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> the complete list of changes.

> >> Anyone who uses VisualD and Code-D can compare the two? (Yes,
> >> I know the difference between Visual Studio and Visual Studio
> >> Code).
> >>

> > The difference is night vs day... VisualD is, by far, like
> > REALLY FAR, the
> > most mature and useful IDE and debug environment for D.
>
> That's depends on what you're comfortable with and if you're a
> core windows guy... how you use it too.

Not really. VisualD is objectively the most functional and competent
IDE/Debugger solution, BY FAR.
It's not an opinion, it's a measurable fact.

Obviously, if you are into vim/emacs/whatever, then you don't actually
really care much about IDE support and debugging, and in that case, this
question is not relevant to you.
I agree that Code-D + VSCode is probably the second best solution, but
there's really no comparison; the debugger is a kind of funny/sad joke, the
D debug experience is poorly integrated, and the intellisense/autocomplete
is nowhere near the same standard. There's no competition.

Code-D is great work, but it's still catching up, and it may never do so
because VSCode just has an embarrassingly bad debugger :(