Symmetry Investments and the D Language Foundation are Hiring

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Wed Sep 2 10:18:58 UTC 2020

On 9/2/20 12:53 PM, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:

> I understand your idea to make this configurable, but this will
> introduce more complexity than necessary because then
> $HOME/.dub/packages will have build artifacts based on both SHA1 and
> SHA256, and so dub will need to support mixed mode file integrity checking.

Yesterday I thought about it and now I believe that if you change sha1
to sha256 or vice versa then dub just rebuild all because sha1 and
sha256 has different sizes so cached hashes will be different to
calculated ones and collisions are impossible. No need to support mixed
mode. The drawback is total rebuild on algorithm changing but I suppose
it will be seldom operation. Another way is to having several hashes
simultaneously and select one of them depending on option value.
Implementation of this will be simple.