What Mike thinks

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:40:38 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 20:13:23 UTC, Cym13 wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 September 2020 at 13:45:16 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>> What Mike thinks appears nowhere in my post :-)
>
> That's a bit sad. I understand that in your position it may be
> hard to express a personnal opinion but I think anyone should
> get the opportunity to do so. Would you like, in no official
> capacity whatsoever, to provide your personnal take on the
> matter?

I think you took that comment the wrong way :-) The announcement
provides the rationale behind the decision Walter and Atila made.
I just wanted to make it clear for anyone reading Jean-Louis's
comment that I wasn't posting my opinion. For the record, I have
no opinion on this DIP one way or another. Named arguments don't
interest me at all.

> I think you should get to express your feelings as well :) But
> of course I would understand if you don't want to get involved
> in any particular issue.

Given that I work closely with DIP authors to revise their DIPs,
and that sometimes that involves more than just proofreading, I
don't think it's appropriate for me to publicly take a position
on any of them. I don't want any author to feel I have an
ulterior motive in any content revision suggestions I make, and I
don't want to color my own judgement.