HTTP frameworks benchmark focused on D libraries

tchaloupka chalucha at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:11:42 UTC 2020

On Monday, 21 September 2020 at 05:48:54 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 September 2020 at 20:03:27 UTC, tchaloupka wrote:
>> Hi,
>> as it pops up now and then (last one in
>> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/qttjlgxjmrzzuflrjiio@forum.dlang.org) I wanted to see the various D libraries performance against each other too and ended up with https://github.com/tchaloupka/httpbench
>>
>> It's just a simple plaintext response testing (nothing fancy
>> as in Techempower) but this interests me the most as it gives
>> the idea about the potential of the library.
>>
>> More details in the README.
>>
>> Hope it helps to test some ideas or improve the current
>> solutions.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Cool! Nice to see such good results for D. Did you try netcore
> 3.1 btw? 🤔

There's really no reason for D to by any slower than others. It's
just about the whole library package and how efficiently it's
written.

Eventcore is probably closest to the system and all above just
adds more overhead.

I've tried to run .Net core out of docker (I'm using podman
actually) and it seems to be more performant than .Net Core 5.
But it was out of the container so maybe it's just that.

I've added switches to CLI to set some load generator parameters
so we can test scaling easier.

Thanks to Adam I've also pushed tests for arsd:cgi package. It's
in it's own category as others are using async I/O loops. But
everything has it's pros and cons.