Destroy All Memory Corruption

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 19:58:33 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 22 April 2021 at 16:15:14 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I failed after spending 35 minutes for that. I ended up
> creating at least two accounts (even though I already had a
> Skype account, which sounded to be sufficient). Many special
> codes sent to my phone and email. The whole thing is badly
> designed and felt buggy.
>
> In the end, contrary to how the download started for "my
> platform" (Linux Mint) it said at some point that MS Teams was
> not available for my platform. (There is an MS Teams program on
> my system which starts fine but thinks I am not signed in. (?))
> So I decided to use it in the browser, which turned out not
> working with Firefox. Luckily I had Chrome and it worked.

If you want the desktop application, you might want to try the
Nix package:
https://search.nixos.org/packages?channel=20.09&show=teams&from=0&size=50&sort=relevance&query=teams . At least on Nixos and XFCE desktop it works. But setting up the Microsoft account definitely was not my favorite experience either. It asks some strange questions feeling like the app was only for those already in business with Microsoft.