DQt: Qt bindings using extern(C++)

LorenDB computersemiexpert at outlook.com
Sat Dec 11 00:47:56 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 December 2021 at 17:38:56 UTC, Tim wrote:
> I have not released the converter yet. It is currently not very
> user friendly and needs many manual changes to the result,
> which I want to improve. It also has Qt specific parts.

I will definitely be watching for the release of the converter
code! Today I read through the D tour, so I now feel like I have
a fairly good grasp of the language and am ready to start doing
things with D instead of with C++, which means that I am doubly
excited about getting DQt to work with all of Qt.

> Qt does not use many types from the C++ STL or new C++ features
> in the API. This makes the bindings for Qt a bit easier,
> because only types from Qt are necessary.

Maybe Qt 5 doesn't use lots of new C++ features, but Qt 6 may be
harder to generate bindings for since it requires C++17 instead
of C++98.

Anyway, if you ever want some extra help with this project, I'd
be glad to lend a hand!