CalderaD - SDL2 Vulkan renderer for windows, linux, and android

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at gmail.com
Fri May 14 18:29:00 UTC 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 17:38:54 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
> On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 17:29:13 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>> On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 16:39:53 UTC, Danny Arends wrote:
>>>
>>> Find the GPL-v3 licensed code here:
>>> https://github.com/DannyArends/CalderaD
>>>

>> You can set up platform filters in dub to automatically match
>> target platforms without specifying configuration for build.
>>
>> See this
>> https://github.com/Superbelko/android-sdl-d/blob/master/dub.json
>>
>> P.S. No idea why you choose GPL, I usually don't bother with
>> GPL libraries because of license, and I think this is also the
>> majority of people on this forum.
>
> Hmm, things gotta have a license, why not GPL would CC0 be
> better? is attribution and sharing code so weird ?
>
> I think: "license": "proprietary" also doesn't sound very
> inviting
> Any suggestions license-wise ?
>
> Thanks for the configuration tip

To complete the subject,
A GPL licence imply that any software that use your library have
to be a GPL like licence.

Usually for a library we use a LGPL licence. That is a non viral
licence bases on GPL.

Below a list if compatible licence :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main?rd=Licensing#SoftwareLicenses