D Language Foundation Quarterly Meeting, October 2021

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 09:34:47 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 6 November 2021 at 15:46:57 UTC, JN wrote:
> This is much less of a strength than you think. For 90% of
> cases, lack of metaprogramming is resolved by putting a Python
> script in build step that autogenerates the necessary code.

Yes, I agree. For a single project metaprogramming has little
impact.

But such scripts are rarely reused between projects. Where
metaprogramming has high potential is in creating more adaptive
frameworks that can reused in many projects.

It does requires high level of sophistication and insight (and
experimentation) to build such frameworks though.