Surprise - New Post on the GtkD Coding Blog

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:52:34 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 19:35:21 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
wrote:
> The short version is the wayland devs were hyperfocused on one
> use case and missed the big picture. This led them to wrongly
> believe that the majority of X is completely useless legacy
> bloat, so instead of patching up the one use case, they threw
> it all out.
>
> [snip the bit longer version]

I thought that the Wayland architecture is in some way
fundamentally better than X architecture, the same way D
templates are fundamentally better than imitating them with a
macro preprocessor, C or otherwise.

But I think you said that it was not about anything that required
a redesign from ground up. Like, redesigning the whole Phobos
because `Algebraic` sucks instead of adding `SumType` would be
our analogy of what Wayland devs did.

I have to study differences in their approach more before I
decide which I personally prefer.