Bugzilla Reward System

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Sep 16 15:07:44 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 11:56:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> In my summary of last month's D Language Foundation meeting, I
> mentioned that we discussed a system intended to reward
> contributors who contribute pull requests that fix Bugzilla
> issues. This was Razvan Nitu's baby from conception to
> implementation, and we all think it is a great idea.
>
> The system has been running in the background for a few weeks
> now, quietly gathering data and awarding points, proving that
> the programming side works as intended. Our first round of
> point scoring kicks off on September 20th. Razvan has put
> together a blog post explaining how the system works.
>
> We'll revise and adapt the system as needed as time goes by. In
> the meantime, happy bug fixing!
>
> The blog:
> https://dlang.org/blog/2021/09/16/bugzilla-reward-system/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/d_language/comments/ppbp7d/bugzilla_reward_system/

This is a good move, I hope it will work so that D will keep
contributors that are not already gone and gain new talented ones.

Another answer mentions that the lack of "issue triage" might
cause problems.
I think to the opposite that this system could encourage

1. better triage
2. better reviews

But well, we'll see if this works next year. Let's not be
negative ;)