DIP 1038--"@mustUse" (formerly "@noDiscard")--Accepted

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 20:52:21 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 20:45:20 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 19:14:50 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>> Let me rephrase: I do not understand why you feel the need to
>> direct these messages at me, personally.
>
> I am sorry if you felt I was addressing you personally. That
> was not intended, maybe bad phrasing on my part. (I tend to
> send email when addressing people personally!  :-)
>
> I am more trying to convey what I see has gone wrong in the
> "modern C++" design department to "the community"

You've been replying directly to my posts.

If you intended to direct your messages at "the community" in
general, rather than at me specifically, you should have started
a new thread. As is, with these messages buried several pages
deep in a thread about a different topic, most members of "the
community" are unlikely to ever even read them in the first place.