DIP 1038--"@mustUse" (formerly "@noDiscard")--Accepted

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:59:03 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 15:43:39 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> 3. *The politics of language improvements*: I don't think this
> should be a library type. I think this feature is too important
> for that. To me this smells of let's move the syntax to a
> library to avoid any discussion about breaking changes. Design
> considerations should not become political, we need to get rid
> of politics and focus on principled strategies that makes the
> whole eco system attractive to more developers (the ones we
> don't have).

This is a disrespectful comment. You're implying that your
opinion is rational and apolitical, disagreeing with it is
irrational politics. It is true that no decisions are fully
politics-free, but please don't pretend that you are above all
others here in that regard.