LDC 1.28.1

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Wed Jan 19 13:03:11 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 09:17:11 UTC, workman wrote:
> Hi kinke, Thanks for the great work.
>
> I has some link problem with lld-12 if use with "--gc-sections
> -s", confirm on x86-64 and aarch64. (build with betterC)
>
> upgrade to lld-13(or NDK lld-14) no such problem.
>

> The lld-12 link as expect, but when start binary the quickjs
> promise stop work after one async call, remove "--gc-sections
> -s" fix the problem but generate huge binary.
>
> I has problem with cross llvm-version LTO, so I want to use
> same llvm version and upgrade to llvm-13.
>
> I want to know if I build ldc with llvm13 myself, will it work
> for betterC project ?

Hi; LTO with lld for ELF targets has just been fixed in master,
after v1.28.1. Without `-betterC` at least, not sure if
`-betterC` was affected too in some way.

Bumping LLVM to v13 wasn't trivial this time. There's
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/3842 using an LLVM
v13.0.1-rc2+, which fixed serious issues we've had with the gold
linker (lld v13 was fine). You can download that CI artifact
(with enabled assertions) and give it a try to see if it works
for you:
https://dev.azure.com/ldc-developers/ldc/_build/results?buildId=3243&view=artifacts&pathAsName=false&type=publishedArtifacts