All Community Discord channels are now being bridged to Matrix

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:31:53 UTC 2022

On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 03:18:09 UTC, Jack wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 January 2022 at 18:45:15 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> After having tried out the Matrix bridge for a while and
>> Spaces now being properly released in the Matrix spec and
>> starting to become available in clients, we have now bridged
>> all the Discord rooms to Matrix rooms.
>>
>> The Matrix space is accessible via
>> [#dlang:m.wfr.moe](https://matrix.to/#/#dlang:m.wfr.moe) or if
>> your Matrix client does not yet support the spaces feature you
>> can join the individual rooms by browsing the `m.wfr.moe` Room
>> Directory.
>>
>> The bridge is now also self-hosted and limited to just the D
>> discord, so it's a lot quicker than the previous solution,
>> although the previous solution is still in place for the
>> existing channels and will be migrated later.
>>
>> ![matrix screenshot](https://wfr.moe/f6iZwQ.png)
>
> why are you guys using matrix over discord?

Discord is getting more and more monetized and is completely
closed source.
Matrix is not really that great, but it's better than a Discord
if you are looking for
something more futureproof. Personally all the times I tried
Matrix, I didn't like the
frontend web clients. They do feel incomplete and inconvenient.
However now I just
stumbled upon this client and maybe it looks somewhat promising
https://cinny.in/