The D Programming Language Vision Document

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 11:13:42 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 3 July 2022 at 08:46:31 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Feedback is welcome.

Thank you for putting this in clear terms. I miss an overarching
«primary use scenarios» to guide further language evolution. How
do you know if new language features are good or bad if you have
no scenarios to measure them up against?

It is nice to see that improved move semantics is a goal, then I
guess ARC could be something one could envision down the line.
That said, I am a bit disappointed that there is no hint of a
departure from the current STOP-the-world GC regime, but I guess
that is the reflecting reality. My interpretation of the vision
document is that the core team sees no need to change the current
GC strategy.