The D Programming Language Vision Document

Templated Person templated at person.com
Mon Jul 4 12:21:11 UTC 2022

In the document it is said:

> `@nogc` as much as possible.

I think this should be extended to clarify how conversion to
`@nogc` will be tackled. IMHO adding proper stable `@nogc`
allocators to the stdlib is more important.

When that's done, make sure we can set the allocator for stdlib
types and add `@nogc` overloads that take an allocator parameter
for non-`@nogc` functions.

We aren't doing no-heap programming after all. If we have a
stable allocator interface, replacing GC calls with allocator
calls in Phobos shouldn't be too hard.