The D Programming Language Vision Document

Andrew andrewlalisofficial at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:31:37 UTC 2022

Thanks for this.

As a casual D user who is coming from a Java background, I'm of
the opinion that we do indeed need to improve Phobos to either
(a) include lots of stuff in the std lib itself, or (b) guide
users to trusted, well-tested third-party libraries. I've tried
doing things with asynchronous stuff, http, encrypted sockets,
etc, for small utilities we use at my work, but a decent amount
of time is spent on just looking for a good library that works.
Specifically, a single unifying async library similar to JS
promises or Java's futures would drastically improve the
ecosystem, imo.