trash-d version 15

meta meta at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:51:53 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 8 March 2022 at 14:29:07 UTC, rushsteve1 wrote:
> Hello! I thought I would give an update on `trash-d`, the
> utility that I've been writing in D for the last several months.
> https://github.com/rushsteve1/trash-d
>
> Previous announcement thread:
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/onpukmibdjhtwwsvarat@forum.dlang.org
>
> Since my last post there have been a number of new releases,
> the latest being version 15 which I tagged yesterday. `trash-d`
> can now handle cross-device trashing, report orphaned files in
> the trash, presents info as nicer tables, and there are now DEB
> and RPM packages built by CI. And a whole host of bugfixes and
> smaller features, as well as a pretty solid test set with about
> 85% coverage.
>
> I'm still a bit of a D novice, so any feedback or suggestions
> (or PRs) are highly appreciated!

That's a very nice project, thanks for sharing, the code is very
clean and easy to read, well done!

The only note I can make so far is the lack of proper modules
``module x;``

I'm surprised you could import other files without it, is it
common practice to ignore that rule when everything is top level?