A New Game Written in D

Kenny Shields mail at kennyshields.net
Tue May 17 16:36:34 UTC 2022

Hello,

I've been building a game engine in D for the past 2 and a half
years and have finally reached a point where it's usable in
day-to-day game development. Earlier this year I decided to make
a simple shooter game to serve as a tech demo for the engine's
capabilities, and also just to get a general idea of how well it
works when used in a real application. I did an initial release
of the game yesterday on itch.io, you can find more information
on the product page if you are interested:
https://kenny-shields.itch.io/untitled-shooter-game

This isn't an open-source project, but I wanted to post this here
for anyone who might be interested in seeing D used for
cross-platform game development. Any questions/comments about the
implementation and design of the game/engine are welcome.

On a side note, I'd like to give special thanks to Walter and all
of you who who contribute to D to make it what it is today. D is
a fantastic language and really can't see myself using anything
else for development at this point. Also, shout-out to the LDC
developers as well, really great compiler.