A New Game Written in D

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:29:50 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 16:36:34 UTC, Kenny Shields wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been building a game engine in D for the past 2 and a half
> years and have finally reached a point where it's usable in
> day-to-day game development. Earlier this year I decided to
> make a simple shooter game to serve as a tech demo for the
> engine's capabilities, and also just to get a general idea of
> how well it works when used in a real application. I did an
> initial release of the game yesterday on itch.io, you can find
> more information on the product page if you are interested:
> https://kenny-shields.itch.io/untitled-shooter-game
>
> This isn't an open-source project, but I wanted to post this
> here for anyone who might be interested in seeing D used for
> cross-platform game development. Any questions/comments about
> the implementation and design of the game/engine are welcome.
>
> On a side note, I'd like to give special thanks to Walter and
> all of you who who contribute to D to make it what it is today.
> D is a fantastic language and really can't see myself using
> anything else for development at this point. Also, shout-out to
> the LDC developers as well, really great compiler.

Congratulations! Would you consider presenting the game and your
experience with D in an oral presentation at Dconf? I think this
sort of material would interest a lot of people in the community.
All you need to do is put up a small description of the project
and send it to social at dlang.org. If it gets selected you could
participate to dconf for free + all your expenses regarding the
trip (flight + accommodation) will be paid by the Foundation. For
more info check [1]. The deadline should have been 15 May but
late submissions might be considered too.

Cheers,
RazvanN

[1] https://dconf.org/2022/index.html#schedule