D + Qt + QtDesigner

Barbara barbara at copperspice.com
Wed Nov 23 02:55:23 UTC 2022

On Monday, 21 November 2022 at 01:38:12 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
> how about we work on our own UI library for D language in
> opengl or something?

Writing a UI library involves an insane amount of work and you
can not just call a few OpenGL functions. What about Vulkan
support? Are you going to use system calls to draw natively on
the given platform, emulate the native look and feel with custom
draw controls, or design your own user interface theme?

A UI library is responsible for drawing everything, responding to
user interface events, allowing the user to crate custom
controls, classes to display relational data (SQL), clipboard
handling, etc.

This is a very brief overview and we are happy to expand on this
discussion.

Barbara
Co-Founder of CopperSpice