Walter's Edited DConf Talk Video -- Feedback Request

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:40:41 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 10:19:00 UTC, matheus. wrote:

> I usually watch videos at work (During interval) using my
> personal phone/internet, and watching as
> (https://imgur.com/1LeGPRd) two small texts of the same thing
> with visual impairment is tough.

The edited version is still too small? It's only slightly scaled
down from full size, and larger than it was in the livestream. I
don't have access to the video stream of the slides, so I had to
export Walter's PDF to JPEG. They all came out square, and I
scaled down only 15% in the video.

> My tip is for the next DConf, people in charge of recording
> should watch all the previous Conferences and take what went
> right (The conference at facebook was well done), because this
> was new to me, usually when the slide is *NOT* presented on the
> screen they show it in full for a few seconds or when the
> presenter is explaining, this way was very weird and the first
> time I see this.

Are you still talking about the edited version? I tried to time
showing the slides when he's actually talking about them, and for
the code snippets I highlighted the lines he's referring to. I
didn't like the random switching in the livestream (which is what
the recorded version is), which is why I decided to edit.