Walter's Edited DConf Talk Video -- Feedback Request

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:34:53 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 14:57:48 UTC, matheus. wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 10:40:41 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>> Are you still talking about the edited version?
>

>> ... I didn't like the random switching in the livestream
>> (which is what the recorded version is), which is why I
>> decided to edit.
>
> I don't like either, and in DConf it wasn't even needed to to
> that since the slides was already fully visible through the
> video, my problem was the size when in split screen mode with 2
> small texts while watching on my phone (Which is watch I use
> mostly), and with vision impairment it's tough.

Okay. I thought that by cutting to the split view in my edits, I
was making the slide more legible. I actually had you in mind
when I did it. It looks bigger and clearer to me than what is
head on in the raw video footage, and definitely bigger than what
they did in the livestream. Sorry it's less legible for you.

> By the way, is there any recorded version with that same camera
> from far behind without any edition (ie: split screen)?

Yes. I can make that available to you. Email me
(aldacron at gmail.com) and I'll set you up.

The slides for John Colvin's video are 16:9, so I'm not doing the
picture-in-picture thing for them. Most of them are pretty big in
the raw video, but I'm showing a full screen view of each slide
anyway for varying periods of time based on what he's saying. I
hope this one turns out better for you.