Inochi2D - Realtime 2D Animation written in D

Luna cli-luna at protonmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:00:24 UTC 2022

Hey folks, I have for the (almost) past 2 years been working on a
real-time 2D animation library called
[Inochi2D](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi2d) and tooling for
it. Recently I went full time on the project due to generous
donations on GitHub Sponsors and Patreon.

The library and tooling is mostly implemented in D, with the only
exception being SDL2, OpenGL and Dear Imgui being used in the
tooling for the UI.

The project allows you to create and rig segmented 2D art (akin
to Live2D inc.'s Cubism product) for animation. Allowing you to
animate the model in real-time either using face tracking [eg.
with the Inochi Session
tool](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi-session) or more
traditional animation methods. This kind of tooling is often used
in games as well as for
[VTubing](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTuber), a kind of
entertainment art form where people use real-time 2D animated
puppets as their avatars for livestreaming.

I'm planning to release an update for [Inochi
Creator](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi-creator), the tool
used to rig and animate Inochi2D puppets, on October 10th.

You can also find Inochi Creator and Inochi Session on itch.io:
  * [Inochi Creator](https://lunafoxgirlvt.itch.io/inochi-creator)
  * [Inochi Session](https://lunafoxgirlvt.itch.io/inochi-session)
(Will eventually come to Steam too!)