Inochi2D - Realtime 2D Animation written in D

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Sun Sep 11 23:16:44 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 11 September 2022 at 23:00:24 UTC, Luna wrote:
> Hey folks, I have for the (almost) past 2 years been working on
> a real-time 2D animation library called
> [Inochi2D](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi2d) and tooling
> for it. Recently I went full time on the project due to
> generous donations on GitHub Sponsors and Patreon.
>
> The library and tooling is mostly implemented in D, with the
> only exception being SDL2, OpenGL and Dear Imgui being used in
> the tooling for the UI.
>
> The project allows you to create and rig segmented 2D art (akin
> to Live2D inc.'s Cubism product) for animation. Allowing you to
> animate the model in real-time either using face tracking [eg.
> with the Inochi Session
> tool](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi-session) or more
> traditional animation methods. This kind of tooling is often
> used in games as well as for
> [VTubing](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTuber), a kind of
> entertainment art form where people use real-time 2D animated
> puppets as their avatars for livestreaming.
>
> I'm planning to release an update for [Inochi
> Creator](https://github.com/Inochi2D/inochi-creator), the tool
> used to rig and animate Inochi2D puppets, on October 10th.
>
> You can also find Inochi Creator and Inochi Session on itch.io:
>  * [Inochi
> Creator](https://lunafoxgirlvt.itch.io/inochi-creator)
>  * [Inochi
> Session](https://lunafoxgirlvt.itch.io/inochi-session) (Will
> eventually come to Steam too!)

this is an awesome project! I hope to see more people start on
projects like these or help contribute to them. I definitely
think projects like these are the kind of thing that D really
needs.

I love having some graphic thing with concrete use-case and
target audience, actually writing a real app and helping users do
what they want to do. I like Inochi2D in particular because it's
a highly creative thing to do VTubing, all the way from drawing
characters and rigging them to giving them life in motion and
personality by the person playing the character. It's things like
this that inspire people to dig deeper, improve technology and
make improvements to all layers of an application. (users here
are potentially improving D, improving Inochi, improving the
general state of the art in VTubing technology)

I wish you a lot of luck with getting your project to new heights
and the next big update. It's a very cool project.

I saw you had a GitHub sponsors page as well as Patreon, for
anyone else in this thread I think it's definitely worth checking
these out ^^