Introducing alid

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 08:44:48 UTC 2022

On 9/12/22 09:34, rikki cattermole wrote:

 > dub.json
 > errornogc/alid/errornogc.d
 > circularblocks/alid/circularblocks.d

Considering I may want to let the users import the entire package as
well with

   import alid;

how can I achieve my goal of subpackages? Telling me to forget about
subpackages altogether :) is an option because I've already spent hours
trying to find my way through different directory structures, random
dub.json edits, experimenting with ways of stopping dub from fetching
and using the bad version of the repo repeatedly, and many other random
things...

The main problem is likely I don't have an accurate mental model of the
whole thing. For example, I don't know whether dub will take the state
of my local directory as-is or will it copy from the committed state of
the local repo? I ask because the add-local command puts a commit hash
as well. If that's the case, I wouldn't want to commit every little
change before seeing it's effect.

Yes, I did the path override thing as well...

Ali