Introducing alid

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Sep 12 16:34:14 UTC 2022

On 13/09/2022 4:25 AM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 9/12/22 07:43, rikki cattermole wrote:
>> Looks pretty well tested, nice!
>
> Thanks! Proud with 100% coverage. :)

I was going to ask about coverage, that is awesome!

>> But in other less nice things, I take it you did not test with GDC?
>> GDC does not support cli args with the same names as dmd. One of these
>> is -mv.
>
> So far, I started learning by copying arsd's dub.json. (Thank you, Adam!
> The misunderstandings are mine. :) )

It has the same issues, which is why I recommended against copying it.

>> The file structure of subPackage/alid/subPackage will not require it
>> and you will not have the cross import issues, where if you depend on
>> errornogc you can also import (and then get linker errors) for
>> circularblocks.
>
> If I understand you correctly, the directory structure need to be the
> following (also introducing src, which is clearly missing :)):
>
> alid/src/errornogc/alid/errornogc.d
>       .../circularblocks/alid/circularblocks.d
> [...]

No, you don't need the src directory, the subPackage directory functions
as this.

So:

dub.json
errornogc/alid/errornogc.d
circularblocks/alid/circularblocks.d

That'll work.

> Can I add a CI step to catch all such issues? It would be awesome if dub
> provided that.

There is:

https://github.com/dlang-community/setup-dlang

But it doesn't look to support gdc or have been updated in a little
while. Guess I need to start pinging people about it.

> Ali
>
> P.S. Another issue is function attributes seemingly used inaccurately
> but I asked that question on the 'learn' newsgroup already. Ping! ;)

I have no solution to that unfortunately beyond template all the things.