Walter on Twitter

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:21:49 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 18 April 2023 at 20:07:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm just afraid it will consist mostly of me staring at the
> screen with a baffled look.

I think that's 99.9% of programmers.

But think of it as rubber duck debugging.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_duck_debugging

I think that having to explain your actions makes one a better
programmer. It's kind of like PR reviews except it's live.

It's similar to documenting code. If you document your API or
code and realize the explanation doesn't really make any sense
then probably the code doesn't make any sense. So it's time to
rethink that piece of code.