LDC 1.36.0-beta1

d007 d007 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:10:14 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at 00:31:20 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.36. Major changes:
>
> * Based on D 2.106.0.
> * Support for LLVM 17; the prebuilt packages use v17.0.6.
> * New GDC-compatible CLI options
> `-fno-{exceptions,moduleinfo,rtti}` to selectively enable some
> `-betterC` effects.
> * Support for sample-based PGO via clang-compatible CLI option
> `-fprofile-sample-use` and `ldc-profgen` tool.
>
> Full release log and downloads:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.36.0-beta1
>
> Please give this some extra regression testing if you find the
> time, as it's the first LDC version with enforced opaque IR
> pointers, and there might still be related, hard-to-find bugs
> lurking in our codebase. You can e.g. run *optimized* unittests
> via `DFLAGS=-O dub run -c unittest -b unittest`.
>
> So please help test, and thanks to all contributors & sponsors!

After upgrade to this version. I get error for betterC.

```sh
/ldc/bin/../import/core/internal/array/duplication.d(39): Error:
appending to array in `res ~= cast(immutable(Column))e` requires
the GC which is not available with -betterC
```

The code is used in ctfe function,  I am not sure `~=` or `.idup`
cause this problem.