LDC 1.36.0-beta1

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Wed Dec 6 19:12:18 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 6 December 2023 at 15:10:14 UTC, d007 wrote:
> ```sh
> /ldc/bin/../import/core/internal/array/duplication.d(39):
> Error: appending to array in `res ~= cast(immutable(Column))e`
> requires the GC which is not available with -betterC
> ```
>
> The code is used in ctfe function,  I am not sure `~=` or
> `.idup` cause this problem.

Thanks for testing. - This is a new check in the codegen layer;
DMD has it, LDC was missing it so far. So if it does work with
DMD, please file an LDC issue. - The expected root problem here
is that the array-append lowering ends up being codegen'd, even
though it's exclusively used for CTFE and so the template
instances should be culled from codegen. (The logic for this is
in the DMD frontend.)