R and D interop with saucer

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Fri Dec 29 23:51:44 UTC 2023

On Friday, 29 December 2023 at 23:05:12 UTC, data pulverizer
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Announcing my saucer project
> (https://github.com/chibisi/saucer) that allows D to be called
> from R in a similar way that Rcpp allows C++ code to be called
> from R. At the moment it targets only Linux machines but in
> time should gain Mac OS and Windows support.
>
> Information about the current work on the project can be found
> on the Milestones page:
> https://github.com/chibisi/saucer/milestones, though there is
> also a TODO document.
>
> If anyone in the community uses R, I'd appreciate bug reports
> filed in the repository issues section and suggestions here.
> The package is not yet on CRAN, but that is one of the
> milestones.
>
> Thanks

Hi! Thanks for open sourcing the project
I remember some time ago I asked in Twitter about it :)

I remember you previously mentioned, that you are familiar with
EmbedR project, and that your library has different approach: it
will be cool to have comparison or a note on GitHub page about
differences with the second solution.