Hipreme Engine is fully ported to WebAssembly

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 20:03:04 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 4 February 2023 at 19:04:19 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 February 2023 at 12:47:30 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 3 February 2023 at 13:41:35 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
>>> ![Hipreme Engine Match3 sample game on
>>> web](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/10136262/216611608-aebcb31b-a5f3-4153-ac41-44777f19896a.png)
>>
>> This custom runtime is a most welcome development.
>
> I agree, but this is also unfortunate, one shouldn't have to do
> that to target WASM, the druntime needs to be shrinked asap

I would like to say that with my experience doing this kind of
work, it is a matter of:

1. Adding runtime hook functions for doing memory free and
allocation. This way, it won't depends on runtime having
implemented support for every OS/Arch. The same could be applied
to other more complex fields, by looking into our GC code, it
doesn't even need threading (which could be also optional)
support for being executed.

2. I implemented almost entire support for the druntime for like
nearly all use cases D code have with 10% of the druntime code.
Maybe 90% of the other things are really hidden away? I don't
know but there is an unseen part the runtime which I don't really
understand.

If the entire runtime don't hard depend on libc, it would be huge