Breaking news: std.uni changes!

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Jan 3 04:13:53 UTC 2023

On 03/01/2023 10:24 AM, Dukc wrote:
> Other things coming to mind: Bidirectional grapheme iteration, Word
> break and line break algorithms, lazy normalisation. Indeed, lots of
> improvement potential.

I've done word break, "lazy" normalization (so can stop at any point),
and lazy case insensitive comparison with normalization.

But: Bidirectional grapheme iteration makes my eye twitch lol.

My main concern for adding new features is increasing the size of Phobos
binary for the tables. Most people don't need a lot of these optional
algorithms, but they do need things like casing to work correctly (which
makes increased size worth it).