Breaking news: std.uni changes!

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Tue Jan 3 05:13:50 UTC 2023

On Tue, Jan 03, 2023 at 05:13:53PM +1300, Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On 03/01/2023 10:24 AM, Dukc wrote:
> > Other things coming to mind: Bidirectional grapheme iteration,
> > Word break and line break algorithms, lazy normalisation. Indeed,
> > lots of improvement potential.
>
> I've done word break, "lazy" normalization (so can stop at any point),
> and lazy case insensitive comparison with normalization.
>
> But: Bidirectional grapheme iteration makes my eye twitch lol.
>
> My main concern for adding new features is increasing the size of
> Phobos binary for the tables. Most people don't need a lot of these
> optional algorithms, but they do need things like casing to work
> correctly (which makes increased size worth it).

Is there a way to make these tables pay-as-you-go? As in, if you never
call a function that depends on a table, it would not be pulled into the
binary?

They say that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Well I think the gun helps. If you just stood there and yelled BANG, I don't think you'd kill too many people. -- Eddie Izzard, Dressed to Kill