Objective-C D metal binding

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:14:38 UTC 2023

On Friday, 10 March 2023 at 21:10:50 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
> Congrats!
>
> But metal obj-c? do you mean DMD support only? so no Apple
> Silicon (intel only)?
>
> I don't think Intel stuff on mac ecosystem will be a thing for
> too long, PPC era already vanished from history
>
> There is the official C++ headers that you can use to make
> things easier
>
> https://developer.apple.com/metal/cpp/

As said in the post above, I do intend to get
`extern(Objective-C)` into LDC even if I have to do it myself.
Which is also why I'm looking if someone could help Martin get
this on LDC. Binding to the main API is better than the secondary
one, and this is an advantage that D has over other languages.
This is not only about Silicon, it is also about getting iOS. iOS
market share is as big as Android and any game developer would be
interested in entering in this market.