A New Era for the D Community

MissPiggy MissPiggy at gmail.com
Wed May 3 23:17:28 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 11:13:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> Our enthusiasm is high, and we're ready to get going. I think
> you'll like where we're headed.

IVY may increase the probability of a particular outcome, but it
cannot predict a particular outcome.

We still can't even predict weather forecasts all that well
either.

You simply cannot ever know the position and velocity of every
atom in the universe.

> You're going to hear more about IVY as time goes by, and
> eventually,
> we're going to start employing it more broadly in the community.

Whether you can in fact 'deploy' IVY into the 'broader
community'... well..that remains to be seen.

It's more likely, I think, that D's 'future' will be increasingly
determined by the priorities of a select group of corporations,
rather than any psychological/behavioural science.