A New Era for the D Community

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri May 5 12:02:33 UTC 2023

On Friday, 5 May 2023 at 11:26:26 UTC, Ogi wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 11:13:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>>>
> That’s a lot of words but little actual sense. What makes you
> think that this IVY™ program is the silver bullet that D
> desperately needs? And not just yet another load of crap
> invented by some “consulting” firm as a relatively honest way
> of taking money from businesses? Because it’s sounds like one.

Because we went through the program and can see how it's going to
benefit us. It's not automatically going to make things better.
We have to do the work. But the point is, now we know how to do
the work, whereas before we were just throwing things at the wall
to see what stuck.

People around here frequently complain about bad management.
Through the IVY program we, all of us non-managers, learned an
approach to management that makes sense to us. It's going to
change the way we do things, and we're all confident the change
will be for the better.

Ucora's workflow is built around IVY as well. Saeed shared with
us some of the ways they use it so that we could better see how
we can employ it. He's also made himself available to help us as
we go along. They're serious about it, and so are we.

You'll hear more about it before and during DConf. After, I
expect it will become part of the common lexicon in the D
community.