A New Era for the D Community

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sat May 13 15:58:12 UTC 2023

On Friday, 5 May 2023 at 11:26:26 UTC, Ogi wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 11:13:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>>>
> That’s a lot of words but little actual sense. What makes you
> think that this IVY™ program is the silver bullet that D
> desperately needs? And not just yet another load of crap
> invented by some “consulting” firm as a relatively honest way
> of taking money from businesses? Because it’s sounds like one.

I agree with that, it sounds like consulting propaganda

D doesn't need more bureaucracy, it actually doesn't need at all,
D needs developers who care about enhancing the language, and
people with a vision for the future, so we can write proper stuff

- better enums

- tagged union

- pattern matching

- async

- nullable

- tuple/multiple return (deconstruction)

- allocators (don't do them as classes/interface for the love of
god)

- implement GC as an allocator

What will IVY do about that list? other than suck up time and
resources

Bunch of new languages coming, and the C part of D is still as
old as C, untouched, and the Java/C# part of D is now behind
Java/C#