A New Era for the D Community

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Tue May 9 15:46:12 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 7 May 2023 at 02:15:02 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 11:13:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> IVY, their organizational development program
>
> Your solution to hearing luas dev saying "I dont manage
> anything" and whatever feedback from your survey, is you got
> corporate training and now you gun-ho about management?
>
> Was I in an extreme minority here?
>
> https://monkyyyscience.substack.com/i/93037044/stop-pretending-d-is-a-corporate-language
> [...]
>>> Don't herd cats, just clean out the litter boxes.

I basically agree with this--but IMO there are a lot of litter
boxes that could use cleaning out, and I'm hopeful that this new
approach will help D's leadership do so more effectively.

"Management" does not always mean "telling people what to do".
Sometimes (often!) it means removing roadblocks and bottlenecks
that get in the way of people doing what they already *want* to
do.