D Language Foundation April 2023 Monthly Meeting Summary

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Sun May 14 19:38:38 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 19:13:50 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 May 2023 at 18:59:52 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> WASI is not WASM, please don't suggest that as a solution,
>> it's not, this is frustrating to read what you suggest when i
>> bring to you problems
>
> I've literally had the same problem as you (missing references
> to libc symbols when targeting WebAssembly), and solved it by
> compiling and linking wasi-libc. I can't help you when you
> reject solutions simply by calling them 'not a solution' and no
> further details.
>
>> I'll end up just sticking to C if nobody understand
>
> How would you do array copies when using C targeting
> WebAssembly?

Do you understand what you are saying?

"Can you target WASM? no, you need WASI"

When the solution i suggested was as simple as to make that
tempalted hook not call libc, and instead just do the memcpy
yourself

Now you suggest me to depend on WASI by default

Unbelievable

It's getting hard to maintain composure