DLF September 2023 Planning Update

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:38:38 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 15 November 2023 at 02:27:42 UTC, Mike Shah wrote:
> I just want to echo Steve's sentiment, that it should be easy
> for new (and old) D users to start up a project without
> worrying about editions.

Actually, this brings another question to mind: what about old
users who keep up with the language? Do they need to edit dozens
or hundreds of files on each and every language update? (Of
course, making a script do this for you wouldn't be especially
difficult, but I don't trust scripts to edit my code soooooo lol
and besides, what about things like ddoc examples, will it edit
them too?)

I actually rarely need to edit my code in response to new dmd
versions now, and they remain compatible across users with old
and new compilers alike. Would be a pity to throw that off.