New DUB documentation

claptrap clap at trap.com
Wed Nov 22 21:52:12 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 22 November 2023 at 21:35:34 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> the revamped DUB documentation I started a while ago is now
> deployed on https://dub.pm
>
> A bunch of pages are still WIP, but the already done pages have
> a bunch of new information and should be better structured. I
> recommend giving the new documentation a try, maybe you will
> learn something new about DUB.
>
> If you find anything to edit, the "Edit this Page" button makes
> it trivially easy - it's all standard markdown files now that
> are easily editable.
>
> If you previously often looked at the recipe page that
> contained all the information in a single page, you will find
> most of the information on
> https://dub.pm/dub-reference/build_settings/ now and there are
> even more details on separate pages now.
>
> The site's built-in search on the page works great and runs
> fully offline, try it out! It will find your search across the
> entire documentation. CLI documentation is now also included
> more similar to the man page format here.

IMO you have to many menus, you have menu bar across the top,
left side menu, right side menu. So it's like you need to grep
all three of them and how the are related to work out where you
are.

A single table of contents type menu would be better IMO, a left
sidebar that gives links to all the pages. It would make it a lot
easier to understand where you are in the overall structure of
the guide.