From the D Blog: Crafting Self-Evident Code in D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Oct 26 03:23:34 UTC 2023

On 10/5/2023 6:30 AM, claptrap wrote:
> While I agree with the overall gist I didn't find his examples very interesting
> or convincing. They were pretty much all made up to illustrate, outdated, or
> disingenuous (the first one with the intentionally obfuscated code).

I know they look trivial, but I trivialized them to get them to fit on a slide.
There are few more worthless slides than ones with 50 lines of code on them.
Nobody can understand 50 lines of code in a minute, let alone hear the presenter
talking about it.

> It would have been far better if he had actual real code examples he'd cleaned up.

With many of them I included a link to a pull request that cleaned up a real
example in DMD. (The real examples, of course, tend to be a bit more complicated.)

I'm sorry you didn't find it worthwhile.