D Language Foundation October Monthly Meeting Summary

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 11:54:11 UTC 2024

On Monday, 1 January 2024 at 10:50:22 UTC, Konstantin wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 December 2023 at 11:12:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>
>> Finally, he brought up code-d, [the Visual Studio Code
>> extension for D](https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d) maintained
>> by Jan Jurzitza (Webfreak). Steve said that it was great when
>> it worked, but there were a lot of weird things that caused it
>> to break.
>
> And what about https://code.dlang.org/packages/dlangide/0.8.18
> or https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed? They are both not
> extensions, but full IDEs.
> I tried to install both of them (dlangide does not compile with
> dmd 2.097), dexed has working executables and looks good.

DCD is the project that empower them all

Improvements to DCD = improvements to both serve-d, dlangide and
dexed

But it's a waste of effort if DMD as library project becomes
usable for a language server

So who ever is working on DMD as library should get the funding
to speed it up

Funding for fixing serve-d crashing is useless if it still can't
work with D's features (mixin/template)

Funding should to towards having these features that is missing

- good mixin support
- good template support
- good debugger support

Anything else is just distraction

I tried but it didn't got any steam,and github fucked up by
deleting the branch, i still have it locally, so whoever wants to
pursue this work, let me know

https://github.com/dlang-community/DCD/pull/714