D Language Foundation October Monthly Meeting Summary

Mike Shah mshah.475 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 19:14:39 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 31 December 2023 at 11:12:23 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The D Language Foundation's monthly meeting for October 2023
> took place on Friday the 13th at 15:00 UTC. It lasted around
> one hour and thirty minutes. I was unable to attend, so thanks
> to Razvan for running it and to Dennis for recording it.
>
> [...]

> I also would have reminded everyone that one of our major goals
> right now is to strengthen the ecosystem. We're absolutely
> willing to throw some money at code-d and any other important
> projects in our ecosystem where that money can help get
> something done. We have over $11,000 sitting in our
> OpenCollective account that can be used for this sort of thing.
> Jan or anyone working on a key D project is welcome to reach
> out to me to discuss possibilities: bug bounties, contract work
> for specific tasks, etc.

Some of the important ecosystem projects when I teach D are
code-d, IntelliJ support, and fixing issues for MacOS (e.g.
Having to type out 'export MACOSX_DEVELOPMENT=13.0' or something
similar for the tools is tricky for students).

The current Symmetry of Code projects (Dfmt, C++ Interop, etc.)
and d-scanner are also very valuable tools for adoption in my
opinion -- appreciate the efforts for those contributing to the
tooling ecosystem!