Debuggers for D

John Demme me at teqdruid.com
Mon Feb 26 17:57:18 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
>> This newsgroup is for discussions about debuggers for D with at least
>> some D specific support:
>>
>> 1) Cristi Vlasceanu's ZeroBUGS for Linux:
>>
>> http://www.zerobugs.org/
>
> D support is still vapor as far as I know?  Couldn't find anything
> mentioned on the web page.

He doesn't mention it on the website, but there is some limited support for
D.  I've been working with it a bit today.

Unfortunately, when it comes to debugging D code on Linux it's hard to label
a debugger as vaporware when in fact "dmd -g" is vaporware.  I can't tell
what's the debugger's fault and what DMD either isn't doing or is doing
wrong.  Hell, #146 is still open!  I'm pretty sure that a fair of the
linenumber and file information is wrong, and most symbols don't appear in
the DWARF information.  I don't mind sounding like a broken record when I
say that I'd be very, very happy if the next DMD had real Linux debugging
support.  According to Critian, it's not too hard to do with libdwarf.

--
~John Demme
me at teqdruid.com
http://www.teqdruid.com/